BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 25, 2012
Selectmen Present: Mrs. Silverman & Nancy Carney
Selectmen Absent: Brian Doerpholz
At 7:00pm, Mrs. Silverman made a motion to convene the meeting, Nancy Carney seconded, the motion passed 3-0.
*** SIGN MANIFESTS: Ms. Carney moved to approve the manifest, the motion was seconded by Mrs. Silverman,
the motion passed 2-0.
7:00 MEET WITH GENE CUOMO, ROAD AGENT
- ROCKWOOD POND ROAD: Mr. Cuomo stated that the logging operation on Rockwood Pond shut down yesterday due to the warm weather. They will be working in the morning and stopping trucking by noon. Mr. Cuomo stated that there is one spot that gets muddy. He would like to put some crushed rock down if this happens again. He will monitor the road and shut them down if he feels he needs to.
- TRAPPING ON TOWN LAND: Mr. Cuomo stated that he feels this individual would need to speak with Conservation. Most of the beaver problems he has had has been on private land and he has dealt with the homeowners.
7:15 MEET WITH SUSAN TERZAKIS, AID TO SENATOR KELLY AYOTTE:
7:45 MEET WITH ERIC LAFONTAINE
- TRAPPING ON TOWN LAND: Mr. Lafontaine met with the board to discuss trapping beaver and coyote. Mrs. Silverman stated that the board does not feel we have a lot of land that would be appropriate for trapping. Mrs. Silverman stated that he will probably need to negotiate with private landowners. Mrs. Silverman suggested putting an article in the newsletter. She also stated that Mr. Lafontaine would need to speak with the Conservation Commission to discuss any town land they oversee.
*** BUILDING PERMITS:
- MAP 28 LOT 23: Ms. Carney moved to approve, the motion was seconded by Mrs. Silverman, the motion passed 2-0
- MAP 24 LOT 03-06: This shed has been constructed. They are requesting waiver of the double fees. Mrs. Silverman feels that if we waive the double fee for them then we have to do this for everyone. The board will not waive the fee Ms. Carney moved to approve, the motion was seconded by Mrs. Silverman, the motion passed
*** DISCUSS STATUS OF DEMOLISHED BUILDING RE: PROPERTY TAXES: The building removed is not the same
owner as the landowner so we have nothing left to lien. We will need to abate the taxes on the building. Mrs.
Silverman moved to abate the taxes due, the motion was seconded by Ms. Carney, the motion passed 2-0.
*** ECONOMIC COMMITTEE
- PROPOSED BUDGET:
- MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST: Mr. LaValley attended a open house in Wolfboro, he has submitted mileage reimbursement using his own formula. The board stated that we have a policy with regard to mileage reimbursement and we pay a set amount per mile. Mrs. Silverman would like to hold this to determine if they have budgeted for this.
*** PETITION FOR WARRANT ARTICLE – FROM CONSERVATION COMMISSION: They have the required number
of signatures. This will be placed on the warrant.
*** SELECTMEN INVESTMENT POLICY: Ms. Carney moved to adopt, the motion was seconded by Mrs.
Silverman, the motion passed 2-0.
*** SELECTMEN FUND BALANCE POLICY: This is a new policy that states that board will comply by designating
these funds. Ms. Carney moved to adopt, the motion was seconded by Mrs. Silverman, the motion passed 2-0.
*** QUESTION RE: RENTAL OF TOWN HALL & COMMON F/MONADNOCK CONSERVANCY: Every year they hold
their annual meeting at different locations. About 100-150 people, they would use the upper hall for the meeting and
then they would like to use the common for lunch. They would have to set up a tent. Ms. Carney stated that she is
concerned with the number of people for the common. Mrs. Silverman stated that she does not have a problem with
using the Town Hall for their speaker, but they would have to find an alternate location for their lunch.
*** SWNH FIRE MUTUAL AID INVOICE 2012: Approved
*** TRAILER TAX MAP 04 LOT 40: Ms. Carney stated that she is concerned that there is trailer on its side with the roof
removed on this property. Mr. Cuomo stated that he will speak with Harry Damon with regard to this matter.
*** SEPTIC COMPLAINT: This has been reported to the Health Officer
*** PLANNING BOARD PUBLIC HEARING – FEB 7TH :
*** TREASURER’S MONTHLY REPORT: Reviewed
*** TAX MAP 03 LOT 34: The board will discuss this next week
*** 2012 BUDGET WORK:
Economic Committee: $1055.00 – Mrs. Silverman feels that this should be a separate warrant article. Ms.
Carney does not have a problem with paying for the minutes. She does not feel that we should have money for
Advertising, this is spending town money on private businesses. The board does not recommend this
expenditures. They feel they need to add $200 for mileage The board would like to put this as it’s own line item.
They are recommending $1125.00 for this budget.
Town Clerk: we will add $200 for printing the ballots.
REVIEW: Various Committee Minutes
- DOORS AT PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING
There being no further business, at 9:05 pm, Ms. Carney made a motion to adjourn, Mrs. Silverman seconded and the motion passed 2-0.
Susan S. Silverman, Chairman
Board of Selectmen