Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Fitzwilliam Town Seal
The Town of Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
spacer
Link to Home Page
Link to Departments
Link to Education
Link to Departments
Link to Minutes
Link to Links
Selectmen's Meeting Minutes 08/21/07
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
August 21, 2007

Selectmen Present:  Michael Methe, Chmn. & Thomas Parker
Selectmen Absent:  Carmen Yon

Chairman Michael Methe opened the meeting at 7:00 PM

PRIMARY:

7:05pm          MEET WITH CHIEF KASSOTIS:  Mr. Methe stated  he feels that we should make the starting pay for part
                          time officers the same as full time.   Chief Kassotis questioned when reviews are due, they are due on
                          November 15.    There will be two shifts a day covered seven days a week.  Lenny DiSalvo will work 10
                          hour shifts, Scott will work 8 hour shifts and Chief Kassotis will work 5 days a week.   He has three  
                          individuals he feels are very good candidates for part time officers.  He would like to put two on now, the
                          part time academy starts September 15,  and then later he would like to send  a third part time candidate
                          to the academy.   One is a corrections officer in Mass. the other just got out of eight years in the army.    
                         Chief  Kassotis indicated that he would be looking for two shifts per week from the part time officers.   

                          Chief Kassotis submitted a grant for the elementary school for a security system for entering the school.  
                          We were accepted, there is about $5000 worth of equipment, this includes training.   

                          Mr. Parker suggested putting a newsletter article in every month.  Chief Kassotis stated that he has
                          drafted one for this month.  Mr. Parker suggested we may want to look into purchasing an additional
                          vehicle next year.  Chief Kassotis is looking into purchasing a new crime software.                  
 
7:15            MEET WITH ROGER QUESNEL – NON-PUBLIC:
                             At  7: 02 PM, Mr. Methe made a motion to go into Non-Public Session under RSA 91 A:3 II  (a).  Mr.
                          Parker seconded the motion. The motion passed 2-0.  Roll Call Vote;  Mr. Parker – Yes,  Mr. Methe –  
                          Yes.
                             At  7:07 PM. Mr. Methe made a motion to go out of Non-Public Session under RSA 91 A:3 II  (a). Mr.
                           Parker seconded the motion. The motion passed 2-0.

8:00            CAROL BECKWITH:  Mrs. Beckwith would like to recommend Terry Garcia and Susan Rolke as
                         members of the Carbon Coalition Committee.    Mr. Methe moved to appoint these members along with
                         Carole Beckwith, the motion was seconded by Mr. Parker, the motion passed 2-0.

***             BUILDING PERMIT
·       MAP 42 LOT 01-68:   approved

***             WEDNESDAY EVENING OPEN HOURS: The open hours are from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm and then the
                          meeting starts at 7:00 pm.   Mrs. Thompson suggested shutting the curtain and putting up a sign that
                          states meeting in progress.   

                           Last week a purchaser  from Woodbrook indicated that Gary Sheldon stated that we needed to send a
                           letter to the former owners that we had accepted a bid.  Mr. Parker feels that we should send a letter and
                           state that we accepted bids, the amount was under the amount due on back taxes
 
***             LETER FROM ATTORNEY SLACK :  The board needs to review and decide on what steps they need to           
                          take.   Mr. Parker spoke with Chief Prigge.  He was not aware that the Fire Department had obtained a
                          separate mailbox.   Mr. Methe feels that we should ask the police department if they would change to the
                          town PO box.   There is also the Land Use box and the Tax Collector.           


***             QUESTION REGARDING TRACTS OF LAND:  There is no case law according to Jim Basset.  If a
                         person came into the land by separate deeds for each tract, they can convey if each tract is on a separate
                         deed they can sell separately.  If you have a tract that does not meet zoning, you cannot sell it as a
                         separate lot.     Mr. Parker stated that David Greene will need to present the individual deeds on these
                         tracts.    The board will send a letter to Mr. Greene  with regard to this issue, with copy to the Planning
                         Board.  

***             LAND POSSIBLY REQUIRED TO BE REMOVED FROM CURRENT USE:    Mr. Tao called Mrs.
                         Thompson when he received his new card which had one acre out of current use, which was not out            
                         previously.   She found a survey and current use application that indicate 81.6 acres.  Avitar took one
                         acre out of current use when they viewed this property, there is a travel trailer and shed on the property.  
                         We had not been previously assessing any structures.  We will send a letter stating that we will be
                         inspecting and that land will need to be removed from current use.        

***             REVIEW ORIGINAL DRAFT OF CONSERVATION EASEMENT FOR TOWN FOREST:  The board is
                          looking for the information from the conservancy

***             DRA 2007 MARKET VALUE OF UTILITIES:  The board will review   

***             COPY OF CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE FOR FIRE DEPT INC:  Reviewed .  Mr. Methe stated that he
                         noticed they are advertising fire truck rides.  He would like to know what truck they are using and if they
                         are using a town fire truck check with our insurance to see if this is covered.   

***             COPY OF LETTER FROM DRA REGARDING REVIEW OF DATA:  Reviewed

***             EMAIL FROM ATTORNEY CHAPMAN:  reviewed

***             MEMO FROM CEMETERY COMMISSIONERS:  

***             2007 MUNICIPAL LAW LECTURE SERIES:  The board will decide on attendance

***             MEMO FROM PLANNING BOARD RE TOWN SURVEY INPUT:  reviewed

***             DES LAUREL LAKE WATER TESTS:  reviewed

***             DOT DRIVEWAY PERMIT – 924 NH RT 12 SOUTH:  We need clarification on this

 SIGNED:
·       Minutes
·       Correspondence
·       Payroll and Accounts Payable Manifests

Mr. Parker moved to adjourn at 8:45, the motion was seconded by Mr. Methe, the motion passed 2-0.  


 
spacer
13 Templeton Turnpike, PO Box 725 Fitzwilliam, NH 03447
Phone: 603.585.7723   Fax: 603.585.7744
Link to Email Subscriber
Contact Fitzwilliam